At our firm, we employ a team approach, where we work together toward a common goal. This approach provides the best possible representation for our clients and a pleasant work environment for our employees. We are proud of our team spirit and our professional and motivated employees.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits which include 401(k) and profit sharing plans, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, personal, vacation and sick days, and paid holidays. We recognize the importance of quality of life and we offer an environment which supports our employees’ participation in family and outside activities.
The firm also encourages participation in organizations within the community and provides contributions to support organizations as appropriate. The firm currently pays for employee attendance at local conferences and CLE requirements for attorneys.
The firm employs a number of individuals in the capacity of professional, support and secretarial staff. We are continually seeking attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support staff with an interest in our firm. Even during times when positions may not currently be open, we are always willing to receive your resume for consideration for future openings.
We invite your confidential inquiries about possible opportunities at Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall, LLP. Interested candidates should forward their resume to the Firm Administrator:
Lynne G. Ferris
Law Firm Administrator
407 Sherman Street
Watertown, New York 13601
Or follow THIS LINK to upload your resume and supporting documents.
Our current openings include the following:
- Provide multiple supervising attorneys with support and assistance by performing a wide variety of tasks related to estate planning and probate. Extensive client contact.
- Estate Planning or Estate Administration experience preferred but not required; tax experience welcome.
- Position requires an individual to work in a fast-paced office setting with the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, multitask and prioritize, manage time, and produce a high volume of work.
- Individual must be able to work independently, take initiative, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
Real Estate Paralegal
If you are bright, communicate well, and are eager to learn a new career, do not hesitate to apply. We can train you.
- Associates Degree preferred, prior experience beneficial, but not required.
- Position requires an individual to work in a fast-paced office setting with the ability to work under pressure and to communicate with clients.
- Individual must be able to work independently and take initiative and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be able to prioritize projects, manage time and work well with others.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be deadline driven.
- The candidate will have significant and direct interaction with clients and opposing counsel and must, therefore, have very strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent opportunity for a local full-time career.
- Excellent benefits package available, willing to train the right candidate.
Office Runner – Full Time
- Coordinate and complete deliveries and pick-ups from the post office, courts, local offices, etc.
- Run office errands such as special requests, supplies, beverages, and food as well as helping to keep the office clean and organized
- Pick up mail from post office and deliver within the office; take mail to the post office in the afternoon
- Must possess excellent communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of Firm management and staff, clients, and other external business contacts
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Must be flexible
- Must have current driver's license and clean driving record, and be willing to use personal vehicle
- High standards of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality, is vital
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls
- Maintains grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating, minor pest management, composting and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; cleans debris from grounds, pathways, and parking lots; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; prunes trees and shrubs.
- Perform tasks in our 3 locations (Watertown, Canton, and Carthage)
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday