At our firm, we employ a team approach, where we work together toward a common goal. This approach provides the best possible representation for our clients and a pleasant work environment for our employees. We are proud of our team spirit and our professional and motivated employees.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits which include 401(k) and profit sharing plans, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, personal, vacation and sick days, and paid holidays. We recognize the importance of quality of life and we offer an environment which supports our employees’ participation in family and outside activities.
The firm also encourages participation in organizations within the community and provides contributions to support organizations as appropriate. The firm currently pays for employee attendance at local conferences and CLE requirements for attorneys.
The firm employs a number of individuals in the capacity of professional, support and secretarial staff. We are continually seeking attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support staff with an interest in our firm. Even during times when positions may not currently be open, we are always willing to receive your resume for consideration for future openings.
We invite your confidential inquiries about possible opportunities at Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall, LLP. Interested candidates should forward their resume to the Firm Administrator:
Lynne G. Ferris
Law Firm Administrator
407 Sherman Street
Watertown, New York 13601
Or follow THIS LINK to upload your resume and supporting documents.
Our current openings include the following:
Domestic Relations Paralegal
- Work closely with the attorney to ensure documents are filed on time as well as with clients who have questions or concerns about the timeline of their case
- Work in areas including prenuptial agreements, same sex domestic partnership, divorce, separation, adoption, name changes, establishing paternity, child custody, child welfare and domestic violence
- Perform clerical and secretarial duties as needed to keep the firm running smoothly
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- High standards of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality, are vital.
- Individual must be able to work independently and take initiative and exercise good judgement in decision making
- Position requires and individual to work in a fast paced office setting with the ability to work under pressure to meet a multitude of assignments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to prioritize projects, manage time and work well with others
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively to produce a high volume of work
- Must be able to multitask and be deadline driven
- Associates degree preferred, prior experience beneficial
Essential Primary Functions:
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, Partners and Associates, Paralegals and other firm staff, vendors and banking contacts.
- Generates 1099's, W-2's and other tax compliance documents.
- Perform online banking transactions to include wiring of funds.
- Perform conflict checks.
- Prepare firm deposits.
- Open new matter numbers for the firm.
- Take payments from clients.
- Apply payments to client matters.
- Minimum of 1 year Accounting experience.
- Preference of Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Be conscientious about achieving deadlines and has an accurate work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and very analytical
- Strong computer skills in Accounting Software; Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.