At our firm, we employ a team approach, where we work together toward a common goal. This approach provides the best possible representation for our clients and a pleasant work environment for our employees. We are proud of our team spirit and our professional and motivated employees.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits which include 401(k) and profit sharing plans, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, personal, vacation and sick days, and paid holidays. We recognize the importance of quality of life and we offer an environment which supports our employees’ participation in family and outside activities.
The firm also encourages participation in organizations within the community and provides contributions to support organizations as appropriate. The firm currently pays for employee attendance at local conferences and CLE requirements for attorneys.
The firm employs a number of individuals in the capacity of professional, support and secretarial staff. We are continually seeking attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support staff with an interest in our firm. Even during times when positions may not currently be open, we are always willing to receive your resume for consideration for future openings.
We invite your confidential inquiries about possible opportunities at Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall, LLP. Interested candidates should forward their resume to the Firm Administrator:
Lynne G. Ferris
Law Firm Administrator
407 Sherman Street
Watertown, New York 13601
Or follow THIS LINK to upload your resume and supporting documents.Apply for a Position
Our current openings include the following:
Paralegal – Carthage Office
Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall Law Firm is searching for a paralegal to work within our Carthage, NY office. Our experienced attorneys represent individual clients, large and small companies and corporations, developers and municipalities.
- Prepare, review, analyze and organize documents.
- Correspond with clients, banks, city and county offices.
- Work closely with attorneys, staff, and clients on a wide range of matters.
- Draft and record documents.
- Calendar appointments for attorneys and clients.
- Work closely with municipalities and attorneys.
- Dictation and transcription.
- Answer phones in a professional manner.
- Witness will signings with attorneys.
- Preferred candidate will have paralegal experience in estates, real estate or Social Security.
- Energetic, organized, detail-orientated and the willingness to work hard.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate effective communication and organizational strategies.
- Manage workflow and work under very tight deadlines.
- Manage and shift priorities as deemed necessary by the managing attorney.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Provide multiple supervising attorneys with support and assistance by performing a wide variety of tasks related to estate planning and probate. Extensive client contact.
- Estate Planning or Estate Administration experience preferred but not required; tax experience welcome.
- Position requires individual to work in a fast paced office setting with the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure, multitask and prioritize, manage time, and produce a high volume of work.
- Individual must be able to work independently, take initiative, meet deadlines, and exercise good judgement in decision making.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Real Estate Paralegal
Associates Degree preferred, prior experience beneficial, but not required. If you are bright, communicate well, and are eager to learn a new career, do not hesitate to apply. We can train you.
- Position requires an individual to work in a fast paced office setting with the ability to work under pressure and to communicate with clients.
- Individual must be able to work independently and take initiative and exercise good judgment in decision making.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to prioritize projects, manage time and work well with others.
- Candidate must be able to multi-task and be deadline driven.
- The candidate will have significant and direct interaction with clients and opposing counsel and must therefore have very strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent opportunity for a local full-time career.
- Excellent benefits package available, willing to train the right candidate.