At our firm, we employ a team approach, where we work together toward a common goal. This approach provides the best possible representation for our clients and a pleasant work environment for our employees. We are proud of our team spirit and our professional and motivated employees.
We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits which include 401(k) and profit sharing plans, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability coverage, personal, vacation and sick days, and paid holidays. We recognize the importance of quality of life and we offer an environment which supports our employees’ participation in family and outside activities.
The firm also encourages participation in organizations within the community and provides contributions to support organizations as appropriate. The firm currently pays for employee attendance at local conferences and CLE requirements for attorneys.
The firm employs a number of individuals in the capacity of professional, support and secretarial staff. We are continually seeking attorneys, paralegals, legal secretaries and other support staff with an interest in our firm. Even during times when positions may not currently be open, we are always willing to receive your resume for consideration for future openings.
We invite your confidential inquiries about possible opportunities at Conboy, McKay, Bachman & Kendall, LLP. Interested candidates should forward their resume to the Firm Administrator:
Lynne G. Ferris
Law Firm Administrator
407 Sherman Street
Watertown, New York 13601
Or follow THIS LINK to upload your resume and supporting documents.
Our current openings include the following:
Essential Primary Functions:
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, Partners and Associates, Paralegals and other firm staff, vendors and banking contacts.
- Generates 1099's, W-2's and other tax compliance documents.
- Perform online banking transactions to include wiring of funds.
- Perform conflict checks.
- Prepare firm deposits.
- Open new matter numbers for the firm.
- Take payments from clients.
- Apply payments to client matters.
- Minimum of 1 year Accounting experience.
- Preference of Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Be conscientious about achieving deadlines and has an accurate work product.
- Assume accountability for specific performance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in concise and timely manner.
- Detail oriented and very analytical
- Strong computer skills in Accounting Software; Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel.
Warehouse and Maintenance Worker
- Warehouse organization and filing
- Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials necessary to complete projects
- Assembles and moves furniture, hangs pictures and bulletin boards, makes name plates, moves and sets up tables and chairs
- Troubleshoots minor maintenance problems involving electrical, structural, plumbing, and equipment repair or replacement
- Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken windows
- Performs routine plumbing repairs such as unstopping toilets, sinks or urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets, and water fountains
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as changing light bulbs or fluorescent lamps and assists in repairing ballast and light fixtures
- Repairs and replaces door knobs or locks, repairs door closures, patches holes in walls
- Maintains grounds in clean, safe, and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, aerating, minor pest management, composting and fertilizing lawns; replaces plants as needed; cleans debris from grounds, pathways, and parking lots; maintains grounds maintenance equipment; prunes trees and shrubs.
- Occasionally fill in for the office courier.
- Perform tasks in our 3 locations (Watertown, Canton, and Carthage)
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. There is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday